The number of students in India dream to become a doctor is just absurd. After choosing PCB stream in class 11th, the first thing that comes to the mind when they think about the doctor tag is MBBS. Yet, due to the limited knowledge about the medicinal field in India, students generally think that MBBS is the only medical course choice for them, thus leading to a narrow choice of career.
But, in reality, there are several other choices related to the medical course in India apart from MBBS, and those are BDS, BAMS and BHMS. So, this article for those medical students who still think that MBBS is the only choice and have no clue about any other medical course. We will help you understand the clear difference between MBBS, BDS, BAMS and BHMS, and which of the medical course is suitable for you.
Apply to Get Complete Information About Abroad Admission
NEET UG 2020 Useful Resources
Want to get admission in this college? Keep in mind that the college offers admission on the bases of your NEET UG Scorecard. Here are some of the useful links for NEET-UG 2020.
|NEET UG 2020 Major Notification||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 College Predictor||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Rank Predictor||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Result||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Syllabus||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Books||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Admit Card||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Cut-Off||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Counselling||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Test Series||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|NEET UG 2020 Answer Key||Click Here|
About MBBS, BDS, BAMS & BHMS Medical Course
Let’s start with the basics and discuss what these medical courses stand for and know a little about them.
1. MBBS: Stands for Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine, MBBS is a prevalent undergraduate medical course in India. This is the path to become a doctor of modern medicine in India.
2. BDS: Standing for Bachelor of Dental Surgery, BDS is one of the most famed and preferred degree course in dentistry in India. After MBBS, BDS is one of the most sought-after courses in the medical field in India.
3. BAMS: An integrated degree in the medical field, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery is a medical course particularly intended to train students about the practice of the traditional Indian system of Ayurveda.
4. BHMS: Covering the various aspects of medical knowledge of the homoeopathic system, Bachelors of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery is a medical course which makes students eligible to practice as a homoeopathic doctor.
Top Colleges for MBBS Abroad: Affordable Fees, No Entrance, No Donation (Call Now)
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS, BDS, BAMS & BHMS Medical Course
|Basic Eligibility||To enrol in any of these medical courses, students must clear the class 12th |
in PCB with at least 50% marks.
|MBBS||To take admission in MBBS, students must appear and pass the National level examination, NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test). However, there is some other entrance exam also like AIIMS, JIPMER.|
|BDS||Again NEET is required for BDS. After clearing the entrance exam, seats are allotted on the basis of rank, filled choices and availability of seats.|
|BAMS||NEET is required for students to enrol in BAMS.|
|BHMS||NEET is required to clear after that selection is done on the basis of final merit (that is the sum of the total number obtained in the qualifying exam in 12th and entrance exam, followed by a personal interview.|
MBBS Abroad Knowledge Brochure
NOTE: To know more Information Follow this Link
Medical Course Duration For MBBS, BDS, BAMS & BHMS
The course duration of all these medical courses are as following:
|MBBS||The course duration of MBBS is 5.5 years which includes |
4.5 years of academic education and 1 year of training which is mandatory.
|BDS||BDS is a 5-year degree programme, including 4 years of academic education and 1 year of the training period. This medical course can be pursued either full-time or as a part-time course.|
|BAMS||This course is 5.6 years long with 4.5 years of academic knowledge and 1 year of practical training.|
|BHMS||This programme is of 5.5 years. The duration includes 4.5 years long academic learning and 1 year of the internship period. BHMS can also be pursued through distance education.|
Career Opportunities For MBBS, BDS, BAMS & BHMS
|MBBS||Specialist Doctor, Physician, Surgeon, Medical Professor, Lecturer, Research Scientist and many others.|
|BDS||Dentist, Dental Surgeon, Endodontic, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologist, Oral Surgeon, Orthodontic, Paedodontic and more.|
|BAMS||Therapist, Pharmacist, Clinical Trial Coordinator, Medical Representative, Ayurvedic Doctor, Sales Representative and more.|
|BHMS||Pharmacist, Doctor, Public Health Specialist, Lecturer, Medical Assistant and more.|
Higher Education Opportunity For MBBS, BDS, BAMS & BHMS
- After completing MBBS, the student can either go for MS (postgraduate in general surgery) or for MD (postgraduate in general medicine). To gain admission in these medical courses in India, students either have to go for the NEET PG entrance test or other university or state level eams.
- After completing BDS, the most logical step for students is to go for MDS (Master of Dental Surgery). For this students have to pass the All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Exam (AIPGDEE) which is the national level exam. Along with this BDS, students can also pursue MBA in Public Health and an MBA in Hospital Management.
- BAMS students can opt for an MD & MS in Ayurveda. A few other options would be Master’s in Public Health, Master’s in Health Administration, Post Graduate Diploma in Emergency Medicine, and various other PG courses.
- After completing BHMS, the most common option is to go for MD in Homoeopathy. Other options may include a Master of Science in Regenerative Medicine, Master of Science in Psychiatry, Master of Science in Endocrinology, and more.
Which Medical Course Is Best For You-MBBS, BDS, BAMS or BHMS?
There are many who speak for MBBS and vouch that MBBS is the best option when come to choose any of the medical course. But in all honesty, those people do not have the expertise to speak for any other branch. The career opportunities related to all of the medical fields are abundant and respective, students should always care about their field of interest rather than other thinking.
No doubt MBBS is the most dominated medical course opted by many students. The medical field is dominated by doctors with MBBS qualifications. So, if you to advance yourself in the field of modern medicine and aim to get an edge over others, this is the right choice for you. With immense hard work and perseverance, the student can get a hold on the most competitive medical course in India.
BDS offers a lot of good jobs after completing the degree and if you are confident enough to handle the patients that you can even set up your own clinic. Those interested in teaching can also acquire teaching jobs in top dental colleges.
One of the widely accepted branches of medicinal knowledge is India is Ayurveda, and it is the best alternative to western medicine. If you interested in the traditional Indian system of medicine and are ready to deal with Sanskrit language, then, by all means, go for BAMS. This course also put a lot less burden on finance, as the fee structure of this course is very low than MBBS.
Homoeopathy is also a very popular alternative to western medicine, and the student who believes in its effectiveness, then becoming a practitioner if homoeopathy is the perfect option. But, opt for BHMS only if you are wholeheartedly in homoeopathy. In terms of the difficulty level of BHMS is equal to MBBS.
Popular MBBS Abroad Destination
|Name of Country||Link|
|MBBS in China||Click Here|
|MBBS in Ukraine||Click Here|
|MBBS in Kyrgyzstan||Click Here|
|MBBS in Armenia||Click Here|
|MBBS in Georgia||Click Here|
|MBBS in Philippines||Click Here|
|MBBS in Nepal||Click Here|
|MBBS in Bangladesh||Click Here|
|MBBS in Kazakhstan||Click Here|
|MBBS in Belize||Click Here|
|MBBS in Belarus||Click Here|
|MBBS in Czechoslovakia||Click Here|
|MBBS in Russia||Click Here|
|MBBS in Sri Lanka||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ’s)
Q. Is BDS easier than MBBS?
Q. Which field is best for science students with Biology (PCB)?
BNYS–Naturopathy & Yogic Science.
BSMS – Siddha Medicine & Sciences.
Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. AH)
Q. What are some of the best career options for a Science student?
Biochemists and biophysicists
Q. Is there NEET for Siddha?
Top Career Options for PCB Students
|Popular Courses||Top Colleges in India|
|Medical (MBBS)||Click Here|
|Ayurveda (BAMS)||Click Here|
|Homoeopathic (BHMS)||Click Here|
|Siddha (BSMS)||Click Here|
|Yoga & Neuropathic (BYNS)||Click Here|
|Unani (BUMS)||Click Here|
|Dental (BDS)||Click Here|
|Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)||Click Here|
|Physiotherapy (BPT)||Click Here|
|Veterinary (B.V.Sc.)||Click Here|
|Pharmacy (B.Pharm)||Click Here|
Application Form 2020