Couldn’t I clear the NEET exam after class 12th? Do you feel that you have let yourself and your family down by not clearing the NEET exam? Are you stressed and apprehensive about your future? Now, are you thinking that not clearing the NEET exam has no good career options left for you? Well, the answer is no, suppose you might be wrong.
Being unable to clear the NEET exam can really be stressful, but don’t worry, as we are here to help you release some anxiety. Not clearing the NEET exam does not mean that your life is over, as there are various options available for you that you can pursue even without NEET.
Don’t believe us read on and find out on your own.
5 Career Paths To Explore Without NEET Exam
Even though the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET exam) has become mandatory for Indian students to pursue a medical or dental course in India and a foreign nation, it does not restrict the course options available for students to pursue. So, here is a list of 5 courses that a student can go for even if they do not clear the NEET exam.
1. Botany: A well-known branch of biology involving the study of plants, their structure processes, growth and more. People involved in Botany conduct various researches and observations to discover a new species, study the interaction of plants and different organisms in the ecosystem, the genetic formation of plants, and much more. To obtain admission in Botany, a student does not need to clear the NEET exam. After completing the degree in Botany, a student can work in landscape industries, natural resources centres, environmental consultancies, or work as a researcher, teacher or lecturer, taxonomist, horticulturist, nursery manager, and environmental consultant.
2. Genetics: The investing field of genetics includes studying genes and their role, the genetic variations and the heredity of a living organism. The professionals in genetics study genetic diseases, anomalies, traits, mutations, how genes are transmitted, the communication of their genes and the environment and more. Geneticists can use their knowledge in different areas, from genetic anomalies to developing pharmaceuticals products and whatnot. There are various jobs related to genetics like geneticists, immunologists, cytogeneticists, forensics DNA experts, medical technologists, pharmacologists, clinical research experts, research scientists, and more.
3. Biomedical Science: Like the above courses, getting admission in Biomedical science does not require a score on the NEET exam. It is an applied science that combines various disciplines to develop interventions, technology, and knowledge in healthcare. Biomedical experts and scientists study how cells, organs, processes function in the human body and how that information can be applied to understand the treatment of a disease.
The knowledge and skills gained in biomedical science allow their students to work as biomedical scientists, clinical researchers, forensic scientists, toxicologists, immunologists and other health care professions. It is a relatively new yet expanding field in India.
Top Colleges for MBBS Abroad: Affordable Fees, No Entrance, No Donation (Call Now)
4. Bioinformatics: This field of science combines three different fields of education; Biology, Computer Science and Information Technology. Professionals related to Bioinformatics work on developing and using tools and techniques for analysing biological data. A bioinformatics expert might develop software that helps in accessing and analysing data from biomedical and pharmaceutical studies.
After completing this course, the students can work as bioinformatics analysts or developers with pharmaceuticals and biotechnological companies, healthcare organisations, pharmaceutical and research agencies after graduating from this field. The students can also work as clinical research associates, bio-analyst or medical coders.
5. Microbiology: It is a field that studies microscopic organisms like fungi, viruses, bacteria and others and their interaction with humans, animals, plants and other organisms of the environment. Microbiologists research and investigate the impact of different microorganisms in our lives, like the current scenario of coronavirus and how it is infecting humans. Microbiology includes various subfields like virology, bacteriology, parasitology, mycology and more.
Typical career opportunities for microbiologists include clinical researcher, research scientist, lab technician, quality control, pharmaceuticals, healthcare sector, food industries, breweries, distilleries, agriculture, and more.
Apart from these 5 courses there are other fields also that might interest you, want to know about them, click here!!
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ’s)
Ans. According to a March 2019 gazette notification by the Medical Council of India (MCI), the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)–the common level entrance exam conducted for medical courses–has been made mandatory for pursuing MBBS courses abroad.
Ans. No. Without NEET, MBBS admission is not possible in India as well as abroad. To pursue MBBS in India, you must qualify for NEET. Further, without NEET, you will not be able to get admission to any foreign medical university approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Ans. Not Necessary. Some abroad medical universities do not require the NEET exam.
Ans. Depend on Universities. In some universities, subsidized medical education is provided to international students. Also, some universities do not provide any scholarships.
Ans. Experience a different style of teaching.
Learn about new cultures and perspectives.
See the world.
Discover career opportunities abroad.
Enhance your network.
Application Form 2021
→ Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly: Apply Now
→ Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Open 2020-21: Apply Now
→ Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Open Now: Apply Now
→ Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Open Now: Apply Now