Selection of the best institute to study is not easy, be it an Indian or International educational institute. Same, selecting the best college to study medicine is also not easy, be it Indian colleges or MBBS abroad programmes. One can not randomly pick any college and take admission in it. Proper analysis and evaluation of a college and the foreign destination are crucial before enrolling there. That is why we are going to talk about tips to select the best MBBS abroad college.
So, to help you analyse things on a better scale and gain popular knowledge, we enlist the 10 best tips to select the best medical college for the MBBS abroad programme. Note that these tips for selecting the best MBBS abroad college are important for anyone and everyone who are looking to study MBBS in a foreign destination.
Since we have already mentioned what are the advantages related to study MBBS abroad. If you want to know about it, you can check our article on that. But, for now, let’s discuss the tips to select the best MBBS abroad college in a foreign destination.
Tips To Select The Best MBBS Abroad College
- The first and foremost important point to know is that MBBS from abroad is only valid if the selected medical college or university is recognised and approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC). This is an important tip because the abroad medical degree is valid in India only if the NMC approves the given university. It is also a crucial point for students who wish to practice in India after completing their degree programme. Those students have to pass a written screening test, known as the Indian Nationals with Foreign Medical Qualification (FMGE), conducted by theI. Only students studying in NMC approved MBBS colleges are eligible for this test.
- The second important tips to select the best MBBS abroad college is to know the total expanse and budget you have. Some institutes offer complete course expanse, food and hostel included at a meagre cost. At the same time, some institutes will charge more than 25-30 lakh for the same facilities. For example, Russia and a few other ex-USSR countries have a low cost to study MBBS, whereas countries like the Philippines and Georgia offer up to 20-23 lakhs. At the same time, some countries offer courses on both low and high budget. Students must see which colleges suits better on their budget and what they offer at that price.
- Various countries offer flexible education system, unlike India. Russian, Chines and Ukrainian medical universities offer a course duration of 6 years. Medical universities in Georgia have both 5 and 6 years course duration. Philippines medical universities offer 5 and 5.5 years course duration, whereas a few universities of Kyrgyzstan offer 5 years course duration. Students need to note because saving one year is a big thing in life; this tenure is an important criterion.
- This is not an important factor as far as quality education is concerned, yet it is important to select the best MBBS abroad college. The location of the institute and country does affect the living quality, and it makes a difference. One of the major points why the Philippines, Georgia and Kyrgyzstan are developing as a favourite destination is because of the location factor.
- The availability of direct flights and distance from Indian international airports might not be a major point as far as education quality is concerned. However, this is a vital point for the comfort of parents and students when they visit each other. To some, it might be relevant; for others, not so much. Out of every famed country to study MBBS abroad, Kyrgyzstan’s capital Bishkek directly flew from Delhi. It only takes 3 hours of travelling, making it convenient for both visiting students or parents.
- Another tip is to know about the availability of Indian food. You might be thinking that it is not an important factor, but once you reach there after a certain amount of time, you will miss your native’s food. Thus, knowing whether the hostel food includes Indian cuisines or not or the city got quality Indian restaurants or not is very important.
7. Some other important tips for selecting the best MBBS abroad college to remember are; China allow Indian students to complete their 6th year in India as it is the training/internship period. However, students must keep in mind that this internship period does belong to the Chinese medical course and only after completing all years, the student would be allowed to receive the degree; Bangladesh does not allow a gap of more than 2 years after class 12th; In Philippines, the course is divided into 2 parts, first a BS course of 1 or 1.5 years. Then after completing the BS course, students have to pass a test called NMAT (National Medical Appitute Test Philippines). Only the students gaining more than 40% are allowed to complete the rest of the course.
8. Before taking admission to MBBS abroad, students must confirm that the medium of learning is in English. As to avoid language trouble and gain a clear understanding of the subject.
9. If a student is pursuing MBBS abroad, it always is a great choice to look for a medical university who have their own Hospitals and medical centres. It gives medical students of that university the benefit of gaining clinical experience and practical knowledge and a chance of completing their clerkship in the University hospitals.
10. Safety is a crucial tip to select the best MBBS abroad college when choosing a foreign destination to study. Keep it in mind that you are far from your homeland and in an entirely different nation. Studying and living in a country with a low crime rate will help you feel guarded and provide ease to your parents.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ’s)
Ans. The best too is January to March end of the year of admission. All seats will be booked at that time. So apply before this time to get confirmed admission in china and another country. You will get time till June ends.
Top Colleges for MBBS Abroad: Affordable Fees, No Entrance, No Donation (Call Now)
Ans. Yes, you can confirm admission in your choice of university in that case, but you must apply immediately before all seats in that university are filled up.
Ans. Work options for international students vary greatly by country. Every English-speaking country allows some scope for student visa holders to do part-time work. However, the conditions vary from relaxed to highly restrictive.
Ans. It would help if you qualified for the NEET exam for applying to MBBS abroad. However, given the limited number of seats in the Government colleges in India, opting for MBBS abroad will definitely be not a bad idea, provided the fees of private medical colleges is far higher than medical colleges abroad.
Ans. The high demand for Doctors
High salaries and job safety in the healthcare sector
Medical jobs can be found anywhere on the globe.
A different style of education
Application Form 2021
→ Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly: Apply Now
→ Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Open 2020-21: Apply Now
→ Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Open Now: Apply Now
→ Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Open Now: Apply Now